DIY Glitter & Nail Polish Sunglasses

27 June 2016



Okie dokie artichokies! Did you know it's national sunglasses day?! Instagram is not only an endless sea of beauty but also of knowledge. I read this diy post by Rachel on The Crafted Life a while back and thought it was so easy peasy I had to try it out myself. Of course, I had to add an extra element that makes things more time consuming and finicky because I wanted periwinkle arms on my sunglasses. Thankfully, I've had this extra pair of black sunglasses lying around that I wanted to add a pop of something more interesting too, and what's more interesting than glitter?!

Here's what you'll need:

A pair of sunglasses
Glitter nail polish (this works best because you want the glitter to be very fine for such a small place)
Regular coloured nail polish
Clear top coat nail polish




Whew! That's a lot of nail polish so be sure to open up a window or be in a well-ventilated room. Make sure you get rid of any dust on your sunglasses and then get a paintin! Painting the glitter nail polish on in thin coats is best because then you don't get any running off onto your lenses and you have way more control. Don't worry if with the regular coloured nail polish the texture is kind of streaky. Just make sure you have the colour coverage you want and then the clear top coat will even out any bumpy streaky textures. Just like on your nails the key to painting with nail polish is to take your time and let everything dry between coats. Do that and you're golden! Or in my case silver!

*You could probably save a couple of coats by unscrewing the arms and spray painting them white first and then putting the nail polish on top. I would assume this would also make the colour more vibrant as well. Unfortunately, we didn't have any screwdrivers small enough for the job.*

No comments :

Post a Comment