Pencil Me In

29 April 2016



Days 17 & 18

Do you know how hard it is to take photos with sunglasses?! They reflect everything! For someone who has to have everything nearly perfect this is incredibly annoying. Getting these Nars Lip Pencils for free as last years Sephora birthday gift was not annoying. Putting them on? Kind of. I will say that the satin finish was way easier to apply than the matte, the matte tugged on my lips a lot making it very hard to get a smooth consistent line, but I also wasn't going for such a stark line with the satin. On the upside, you're only gonna need one swipe with either colour to get the colour that you want. On the downside, if you hit anywhere outside of your lips lines with the pencil or smudge at any point you're going to need concealer and a very precise hand to make that line nice and crisp again. The longevity of these lip pencils comes from their staining power. Your lips will keep the colour but who knows where else the lipstick will end up. Mine found its way onto my forehead, all over my utensils, and half way up my cupids bow, which was odd because I've never had my upper lip smudge up my face while eating before. So you can eat to your hearts content with these and worry about something else either than your lipstick's staying power. Another perk, these are wonderfully moisturising for a matte and wonderfully non-tacky for a satin. Some of my pet peeves solved. Yeah! Unfortunately, my biggest pet peeves of all are not solved with these colours. They cost $33 (yikes) and they only come in natural colours (sad face emoji). You win some. You lose some.


Nars Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella & Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien / $33 / Available at Sephora



No comments :

Post a Comment