The Pursuit Of Purple

26 February 2016



Day 04

I guarantee you there is no greater, more difficult, pure quest than trying to find true purple lipstick. It seems like everything has red undertones, making the colour more pink than purple. Even if the colour looks pretty purple to you in the bottle it is lying to you. Lying to you! I like this colour (mostly cause it cost me $9) but it's not what I thought it was. Lying to you! This is the Nyx Soft Matte Lipcream in Seoul. It drys down super matte making it very drying and quite transfer proof. You've got to re-apply after eating and drinking, or about every 3 hours. It does smudge and because it's so dry it settles into every line and flake you have on your lips. Which for someone living in the arctic cold of Canada it's impossible to not be constantly shedding my skin like a snake. Unfortunately you can only slather yourself in vaseline so many times. I've found that with Nyx's less natural colours you have to put a couple of coats on to get a good solid colour and that's definitely true for this. It's super nice and smells like birthday cake, but the fact that this is not as purple as I wanted, and it's super drying are my only complaints. Good luck my friends and may you find the perfect purple lipstick of your dreams!


Nyx Soft Matte Lipcream in Seoul / $9 / Available at Nyx


No comments :

Post a Comment