30 Days Of Lipstick

15 February 2016

I recently read a lipstick horoscope telling me to stop leaning towards earthy natural tones and paint my lips in bold statement colours. After I'd stopped crying from laughter, wacky and bold lipstick colours are what I love and wear most, I messaged my friends so they could laugh with me.

Lipstick has become an insatiable void in my life. There's rarely a day where I'm not tempted by one brand or another to spend all of my money and live out the rest of my days broke with beautifully coloured lips. I currently have 25 different lipsticks, which I know isn't 30 but by the time we reach the end I'll probably have caved and bought more (I'm really feeling grey neutrals and black right now).

I'm not planning on posting 30 days in a row, instead, I'm gonna space this out and post every Monday and Friday. Starting today! Yay!



Day 01

I'd been searching high and low across the endless plains of the internet for the perfect burgundy shade when I came across the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stains. After watching countless swatch videos I finally decided on Blackberry Sorbet. My lipstick horoscope wanted dramatic, welp it got dramatic in boatloads. I feel like I should be sipping red wine at a vampire ball with this colour. I haven't been able to pin down the exact smell of this yet, it's sweet and tangy, but I could go on smelling it for ages. The formula goes on liquidy and drys to a lovely matte that's pretty transfer proof (I kissed my hand a bunch of times and all there was was a faint outline). I found that the colour did rub off where my lips touched after awhile and that although the lipstick stayed it became gritty. I find the texture of grittiness weird so that's my only complaint. An odd texture is definitely not going to stop me in the slightest from wearing this every time I wanna look like a femme fatale whose about to stab you in the back.


Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Blackberry Sorbet / $18 / Available at Sephora


No comments :

Post a Comment